How to add and edit links in the Information sidebox?

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

Firstly, thx to all the smart, generous fellows who freely share their expertise with novices and non-technical people like me. :-)

I use Zencart 1.3.5, and want to add and change links in the information sidebox. The Define Pages Editor doesn't seem to allow me to add the links to this sidebox, and the EZ pages panel doesn't have an "Information" item to enable. I uploaded a new page to includes /languages/english/html_includes/classic/define_about.php and pasted the following code to includes/modules/sideboxes/classic/information.php without successful results:

if (DEFINE_ABOUT_STATUS <= 1) {

$information[] = '<a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_ABOUT) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT . '</a>';

}

Where do you change the link name in the information box? It doesn't appear to be in information.php.

Any insight you can share would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rosanna (site video-tutorials.net)

Post By: | 09-21-2012 10:04

Originally Posted by rosanna

My mistake, I'm actually usually 1.8.something or later;

Even more confused now... latest version is 1.5

(Are you sure you are using zencart and not something else?)

My mistake, I'm actually usually 1.8.something or later; I just found out today. Sorry for the confusion. Although I don't think this was the issue with the information box.

Originally Posted by rosanna

I use Zencart 1.3.5,

You are joking!

Surely this cannot be true...

If you are using 1.3.5 then shut everything down and upgrade. You are a hackers dream come true.

What we do is disable the information sidebox completely.

Then we ENABLE the ezpages sidebox, and (using the internal link feature in ezpages) we "replicate" the links to the define pages.

So, for example, for CONTACT US define page, we create an ezpage called Contact Us, and then in the internal links field we type index.php?main_page=contact_us

HEY PRESTO... we have an ezpage link to the define page called contact_us. we could then put this in the ezpage HEADER and/or FOOTER area if we wanted to...

Then, as it's the ezpages sidebox, we can add whatever ezpages we like - be they content, or internal or external links.

Posting this for reference in case anyone is interested. Unable to figure out how to connect english.php and information.php as path'd above, i created EZ pages for what I needed and then changed the link in information.php as follows:

if (DEFINE_ABOUT_STATUS <= 1) {

$information[] = '<a href="http://www.video-tutorials.net/vtn/index.php?main_page=page&id=17">' . BOX_INFORMATION_ABOUT .

}

Many thanks! I made the changes to english.php, and now see the correct text within the information sidebox. However, when I click on the link, nothing happens, even though I've uploaded the appropriate define pages, and made the corresponding changes to information.php. I click the link and stay on the home page. Which file contains the instructions to redirect, and to where? I thought this was information.php but it does not appear to be the case. Any more thoughts anyone?

The information sidebox text is within the main English language file: /includes/languages/english.php or better within your override folder /includes/languages/YourTemplate/english.php

To add more links I believe you need to edit the template file, not the file in the modules folder.

/includes/templates/YourTemplate/sideboxes/tpl_information.php

`Reply Or Comment!